Reborn!!

Reborn!!
I love Reborn.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Yesterday's gym practice

Yesterday at HCI, i had my regular gym practice. The gym practice started off with a "comfortable" stretch which almost caused me to scream and cry due to it's positioning. First, the coach placed a mat on the ground and had me sit on it. Then, he got me to grab on to a bar that was placed in front of me. Net, he sat behind me and grabbed both of my legs, giving me about a second to rest before pulling my legs behin me such that they reached his shoulders. He also had my friends hold my arms in front of me so that i could not resist. I had to endure this for 40 seconds which translated to hell literally.
Next, we started on the pommel horse where i had to do circles on the pommel horse. I was assigned a set of exercises in which i had to do 8 circles on the pommel horse which is known as the 马头(I'm not sure if i spelt this correctly so please excuse any spelling errors.)  I had to do this 10 times in a row. This added up to a total of 80 circles.
Next,we did a few other apparatuses before moving on to the worst part of the training which was the conditioning. This depended on what the coach had decided to do. Yesterday it was strength conditioning.
We first started with "fu ji" on teh uneven bars.


The  uneven bars is the apparatus as featured above. We gripped the higher bar and lifted our legs till they were almost parallel to our bodies. We were also not allowed to bend our legs. Fortunately, we only had to do 16 of these.
Next was dippings as shown above. However, instead of doing it at the edge we did it in the middle. The coach placed a sponge on the bar and forced us to touch it each time when we were doing the dips. The agony that soared through me each time was really unbearable. I even had to do twenty with only a break when i had done 10. I was also not allowed to sit on the bars or all the dips i had done before not counted.
This was more tiring than i could imagine. Try going to a pair of bars at your nearby park and trying to do one dip in  which your feet almost touched the floor and then coming up. It will really start to hurt after 3 or more times.
Next was chin ups. I had to do 5 chinups . Each chinup consisted on me going to the posture above and holding there for 5 seconds. I could not even complete four chinu ps. I could only do 3. I kept on trying and kept in failing. It was the toughest excercise i had ever done.

Next was tuck jumps. I had to do 60 of them. This "killed" me.  I was not able to walk normally for half an hour after this.

These exercises tired me out so much that i slept through the whole bus ride home , missed my bus stop and  slept for a whole three hours upon reaching home without eating lunch.

No comments: