Reborn!!

Reborn!!
I love Reborn.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Gymnastics Competition

The gymnastics competition was a gruelling one that toook a lot out of me.I had trained hard for it and was  fully prepared for it, thus i was less woried then last year.There were a total of 5 events, the vault,the pommel horse,the parallel bars, floor and the horizontal bar.
We started with the vault.I was extremely nervous as i watched my friends get high scores like 9.2, 8.3 etc. and got all tensed up and before i knew it, it was my turn to do it.The lomming shadow of the vault was far away but had suddenly turned bigger and was turning into a "monster".I was extremely scared of letting the team down.I kept thinking about the implications if i failed.Just then the bell rang and the green flag came out.I raised my hand and decided to try my best.i took a small step then started increasing my speed.I ran for approximately 3 seconds before jumping off the ground and landing on the springboard.I was catapulted forward and when i touched the vault, i pushed off from the vault and landed a little further away from the vault.I landed and took a step.


Then i raised both my hands and walked off and waited for my score.It was a good 8.5/10 .
 
Next up was the pommel horse.It was one of the few events that i had the most confidence in.I was the scond last for this.I wached my friends get high scores.It was the same as the vault, i was getting more nervous with each moment.Finally, it was my turn.I wlaked to a corner and waited for the bell to ring and the flag to be raised.A clear ding rang out and a flag was raised to signal that i could start my routine. I took a deep breath and placed my two hands on the two handles.Then i took a jump and kicked my right leg high and started to do my routine.after a while i started on the last part of my routine, the circles.I was doing my second circle when i hit the horse.This caused me to lurch foward.Luckily, i had completed my circles and was about to dismount when i hit the horse.The sudden lurch caused me to have a uglier dismount but i did not fall off.I got a average score of 8.2/10.
 
Next up was the floor which I dreaded very much.
 
When i started the routine, I did a front handspring, but did not "stick". The next few steps were okay, however when tried to lift my legs from the ground, i bent my hands and caused a deduction of marks.Next, i did a headspring and "sticked".After that,i did two cartwheels and landed properly.The nest movement was a scale.I manged to balance to my relief.The last move was a double backflip which i did not dare to do.In the end i decided to just do a roundoff.I had done a extremely lousy routine.I got a 6.5/10 .
 
More tommorow.....

No comments: